Solar Edge Pros makes it easy to go solar. We’ve done over 5,000 residential solar installations in Texas. Home solar is the best way to reduce your electric bill. When you go solar, you own a power plant and generate free electricity. Explore this page to discover solar incentives for homeowners.
Is Solar A Wise Investment For Your Home?
Cost of electricity is going up. Utility companies are trying to meet electric consumption of a growing population, big oil companies are needing and our aging electric grid. Meanwhile, people are demanding cleaner, greener, cheaper energy. It’s near impossible to get a wind turbine installed in your backyard and very few want a nuclear reactor in their backyard. This leaves us with solar power!
Save Money... And The Planet
Solar Edge Pros makes going solar simple and hassle-free. All we need is a time, location, and a copy of your electric bill to determine if solar is right for your home. We also offer a fast, 24-hr quote incase you rather save time and just want a rough idea how much solar will cost.
CPS Energy and New Braunfels Utility (NBU) currently offer homeowners a solar rebate. Click your utility provider to learn more about the rebate and requirements. If you are a customer of theirs, go solar and you could potentially save up to $3,000.
Rebate Incentives for CPS Energy
$2,500 per project
– and –
$500 premium for projects utilizing local modules
if you had 15 solar panels manufactured by Mission Solar – a local company – installed on your roof, you would receive $3,000 off of your system.
- Only systems using eligible PV modules and Inverters listed by the California Energy Commission (CEC) website will qualify for rebates.
- All installed PV systems must carry a 1-year warranty from installer. Solar modules must carry a 20-year warranty from the manufacturer. Inverters must carry at least a 5-year manufacturer warranty without battery back-up.
- Installation location must have at least 260 sq. ft. of unobstructed space; system should be on most southern facing side, systems facing in a northern direction do not qualify.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to obtain all appropriate permits.
- All inverters and solar modules must be new.
- PV system installations on residential structures and all commercial buildings must also obtain appropriate City building permits.
- All PV systems must be interconnected, at customer’s expense, to CPS Energy’s electrical grid. All PV systems must comply with current CPS Energy guidelines governing interconnection with CPS Energy’s electric system, and any subsequent revisions to these guidelines. These and other requirements are subject to change.
- CPS Energy will not rebate any solar PV system less than 1 kW AC.
- If re-roofing is required, PV system removal and reinstallation is at customer expense.
- Batteries will not be covered under the rebate.
Rebate information is based on CPS Energy Website: https://www.cpsenergy.com/content/corporate/en/my-home/savenow/rebates-rebate/solar-photovoltaic-rebate/comm-solar-installation-guidelines.html
CPS Solar Rebate FAQ
Applications must be submitted by 11:59PM CST on December 16, 2022 to qualify for the rebate
No. The system can be installed within the allowable timeline (120 days from approval for the residential systems).
Extensions can be granted on a case-by-case basis
The federal tax incentive for installing solar is still available and, as of 2022, increased to 30% of the installation cost.
Rebate Incentives for NBU*
(a) System Capacity (number of modules x PTC rating)
(b) Inverter Power Rating (number of inverters x power rating)
the lower number (a) or (b) x $0.45 per watt = Rebate Amount (max is $3,000)
if you had 15, 400-Watt Jinko solar panels with 15 Enphase microinverters installed on your roof, your rebate would be:
(a) 15 x 371.4 = 5,571 Watts
(b) 15 x 400 = 6,000 Watts
5,571 Watts x $0.45/Watt = $2,506.95
*Only the property owner may submit a rebate application to NBU – we cannot on your behalf.
- Solar panels must be between 200 and 290 degrees and tilt must be between 15 and 60 degrees
- Agree to NBU Electric Engineering net metering policies, conditions, requirements, and guidelines
- Proof of work, receipts of purchase, and all warranty information must be included upon submission of this application in order for the rebate to be considered.
- Rebate application must be received within one year of the installation.
- Agree to allow NBU to perform any necessary inspections, both during initial installation and in the future.
- Be the sole owner of the solar PV generating system
- The understanding of various terms and conditions
Rebate information is based on New Braunfels Utility Website: https://www.nbutexas.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/2021-Solar-Rebate.pdf
Just How Good Is This Solar Tax Credit?
Damn good. And fortunately, thanks to the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022, the incentive tax credit will remain 30% until 2032. The push for homeowners to go solar has never been greater. Please consult a financial advisor to determine if you are eligible for the tax credit.
The Investment Tax Credit (ITC) is calculated by multiplying the applicable tax credit percentage (30% until 2032) by the “tax basis,” which is the amount invested in eligible property. Eligible property includes the following:
• Solar PV panels, inverters, racking, balance-of-system equipment, and sales and use taxes on the equipment
• Installation costs and indirect costs
• Step-up transformers, circuit breakers, and surge arrestors
• Energy storage devices (if charged by a renewable energy system more than 75% of the time)
Information on Tax Credit provided by Energy.gov: https://www.energy.gov/sites/prod/files/2021/02/f82/Guide%20to%20the%20Federal%20Investment%20Tax%20Credit%20for%20Commercial%20Solar%20PV%20-%202021.pdf
Why Go With The Pros?
San Antonio Founded
We love our home in San Antonio. Come by anytime and see our showroom floor. You will get to learn how solar panels are installed. We are located at:
11010 Coachlight Dr., Suite 103, San Antonio, TX, 78216
Alll our work is done in-house. This means everything from the marketing to the installation is done by a Solar Edge Pros employee. Other companies often sell the contract to an installation crew like us. So you could pay them more, but we will likely be the ones installing it.
Five Stars on Google
Our 5-star rating on Google was no accident. We work hard to keep our clients satisfied with their panels and ensure they are happy long after the installation.
What're You Waiting For?
Book An Appointment Today!
Meet The Pros
Schedule an evaluation to receive a solar quote for your property. A solar consultant will work with you to design a system that best fits your energy needs. Want to learn more about what a consultation would entail? Read about Andrea’s experience by clicking the button below.
DOWNLOAD OUR FREE GUIDE
We created a guide titled, “Solar Done Right: A Buyer’s Guide” to help you understand the pros and cons of solar panels on your property and how to get the greatest bang for your buck! Enter your email and get the free guide.