Step 1: In-home consultation
Once your appointment is scheduled, an experienced Solar Representative will visit your home and guide You through an energy savings demonstration using Your 6-12 months of utility bills to calculate solar savings and what solar power has to offer.
Step 2: Your Solar Agreement
After reviewing how solar can benefit you as a homeowner, your solar representative will discuss with You various financial options available. Sales teams have proposals made up in real-time which cater to your home and your electricity usage.
Step 3: Solar System Assessment, Design, & Permitting
After signing Your solar agreement, Our team will begin diligently working with You to get Your system installed and activated as quickly as possible.
You’ll first have a complete assessment of Your property (site survey). Accurate rooftop measurements and existing electrical information will be documented. A customized solar plan that will suit your homes roof size and existing installed electrical equipment will be designed.)
Once a draft design plan has been completed, a copy of design plans will be emailed for your review & approval showing proposed location of all solar equipment on your home.
After your approval of design plans, Our operations team will submit all documentation for City and Utility approval.
If your property has a Homeowner Association (HOA), paperwork will also be submitted for approval. In Texas, an HOA cannot legally prohibit a homeowner from installing solar on their property. To learn more about HOA regulations in Texas, read the Texas Property Code 202.010
WHAT TO EXPECT
Step 4: Installation
Depending on the size of your system, most installations take 1-2 days. There are a couple of steps that need to be addressed by home/property owner prior to start of Installation:
You will need to coordinate and approve a block of days that we can start and complete solar installation, weather permitting.
If you are a proud owner of a dog or any other pets, please make sure that pet/s is/are secured.
Remove all locks on gates so installers have access to property.
Provide to us any sub division/community access gate code.
What To Expect Upon Installation
- Depending on type of electrical interconnection being installed to outdoors main service panel, Electricians might require power to be disconnected to entire house from I to 3 hours in order to make proper connections.
- Approved watertight roof.
- Mounts are aligned and bolted to the top of your roof rafters.
- Rails are bolted to installed mounts.
- Panels are attached to the bolted rails.
- Panels connect to your power inverter with the install of conduit piping.
- After installation of all solar equipment, your installed system will be inspected by local city jurisdiction. Our operations staff will request a commissioning date with your utility company to have the system activated.
When you book an appointment with one of our solar installation experts, we’ll get your questions answered.
No pressure. No commitment. Just good information you can use.